What information do we collect?
We collect personal information from you, including the following:
– Your name, mailing address and other contact details including your phone number and email address;
– Date of birth;
– Credit card details; and
– Any other information you provide to us.
How do we collect this information?
We collect information from you when you register on www.circa.co.nz (the ‘website’) to:
– Book tickets to a show;
– Become a Friend of Circa;
– Make a donation to Circa (either as a one-off donation or as a regular supporter); and/or
– Sponsor a show.
We also collect information at the Circa Box Office (either in person or by phone), through conducting surveys, and other dealings you have with us.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the information we collect in a number of ways including to:
– Provide you with theatre tickets you have purchased;
– Advise you of any cancellations or changes to any events, including theatre shows;
– Provide you with replacement theatre tickets, at our discretion;
– Improve our customer service and website;
– Administer a contest, promotion or service;
– Send emails to you;
– Provide to third party contractors and service providers to help operate Circa or to provide a service to you; and/or
– Provide to third party contractors and service providers who work with us to stage theatre shows so that they can provide you with promotional material and information about upcoming events.
We may also release your information as required by law and to enforce our website policies, protect our rights or property.
Security of your personal information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. We store your personal information in a secure database on our servers. This database is only accessible by authorised persons with access to the system.
All payment information is transmitted via a third party payment provider and is only accessible by authorised persons with special access to such systems. After a transaction your credit card information will not be stored on Circa’s servers.
We use a mixture of essential and non-essential cookies as part of the booking process in order to ensure you have the best possible experience.
In order to keep track of your order it is essential that we store a "session cookie" on your computer. This cookie will last for 24 hours.
We use a few non-essential cookies to customise your booking experience and help make it easier and more enjoyable for you. These extra cookies are used to store things like your login details so you will be automatically logged in each time you visit our site.
Before storing any of these cookies for the first time, we will alert you and ask your permission before proceeding. If you do not wish to store these cookies you will not be able to use that particular feature, but the rest of the site will continue to work correctly..
Access and correction to your personal information
You have a right under the Privacy Act 1993 to access any personal information we hold about you and to request correction to that information. Please submit any requests in writing to:
Privacy Officer (Marketing & Audience Development Manager)
1 Taranaki Street
10am - 12pm Monday
10am - 8pm Tuesday - Saturday
1pm - 4pm Sunday